Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Custom Map - Work in Progress
Analysis of the Wingman game mode (2vs2) and creation of a map around the topic: abandoned glasshouse.
Willingness to learn new tools, to design and create a map in a major competitive video game: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
Design/test of a blockout around playtests with friends/community players to improve the layout of the map, improve lines of sight, use of consumable objects, timing of two teams, etc.
For now, the different playtests have shown several points of improvement:
- - Bomb area too small (already improved)
- - Corridors too narrow with a lack of covers (already improved)
- - Timing too tight, arrival of the terrorists on the site too fast (already improved)
- - A high location for the counter-terrorists too exposed (already improved)
- - Lack of larger conflict zones (already improved)
But also several positive points:
- - A fast map with many paths
- - Possible comeback in 1vs2
- - Rotation strategy and use of verticality (player boost)
- - Focus on the use of consumable items
- - High risk / high reward on few positions